Winchester WST produced by Winchester company is very versatile and can be used for reloading shells and popular gauge shotgun shells. This powder is commonly used for both target shooting and hunting applications, and is popular among both novice and experienced reloaders. 223 reloading, Reload.308
This powder is made up of small, flat flakes that are measured out in grains. These flakes are easy to measure and pour, making them a popular choice for reloaders who want to ensure accurate and consistent charges.
- The first characteristic is versatility. This Wst can be use in many shotgun shell loads. From light target loads to heavy hunting loads. It works for 12 guage loads but can also function well for other gauges
- Consistency: Winchester WST produces consistent velocities and patterns shot after shot. Thus, making it a reliable choice for hunters and target shooters alike. This consistency is particularly important for shooters who need to make precise shots, such as trap and skeet shooters.
- Cleanliness: Winchester WST burns cleanly, producing very little residue or fouling in the barrel of the shotgun. This not only makes cleanup easier, but also helps to extend the life of the shotgun by reducing wear and tear on the barrel.
- Ease of use: Winchester WST is easy to measure and pour. And is compatible with a wide range of wads and primers. This makes it a popular choice for reloaders who want a versatile and reliable powder that is easy to work with. Reload.308
- Accuracy: Winchester WST is known for producing accurate loads that shoot true and consistent. This is particularly important for hunters and target shooters who need to make precise shots.
- Cost-effectiveness: Winchester WST is an affordable powder that provides excellent value for money. Its versatility and reliability make it a cost effective choice for reloaders who want to create custom shotgun shells without breaking the bank.
Winchester WST loading data
To start, the loading data varies depending on the type of shotgun shell and the desired performance characteristics. The following is an example of reloading data for a 12-gauge, 2 ¾” target load using Winchester WST powder:
Powder charge weight: 17.0 grains
Primer: Winchester 209
Wad: Winchester AA wad
Hull: Remington STS or Winchester AA
Shot weight: 1 1/8 ounces
Shot size: #7.5 or #8
It’s important to note that the exact powder charge weight, primer, wad, hull, shot weight, and shot size will depend on the specific type of shotgun shell being loaded and the desired performance characteristics. It’s essential to follow manufacturer recommended loading data for safety and optimal performance.
For example, if you were loading a hunting shell, the powder charge weight and shot size may be different from the target load data provided above. Additionally, the hull and wad may differ as well. 223 reloading
When reloading with this gunpowder, it’s important to follow safe reloading practices, including carefully measuring powder charges and inspecting shells for defects before use. It’s also essential to use appropriate personal protective equipment. Such as safety glasses and ear protection. And to store powder in a cool, dry place away from sources of heat and flame.
In summary, Winchester WST reloading data varies depending on the type of shotgun shell and the desired performance characteristics. It’s essential to follow manufacturer recommended data and safe reloading practices to ensure optimal performance and safety. 223 reloading, Reload.308
Karl Knight II (verified owner) –
WST is my first choice in .45 auto. It burns clean, has good case fill for a low charge, smells peppery, and smoother recoil impulse than N320. I found it more accurate that all the others also. It burns cool enough to work great with lead and PC coated bullets. It is reverse temp sensitive so a max charge in the heat of the summer would be too much in cold weather.
Will Smith (verified owner) –
Great pow der for 45 acp target.
Kelli Cantrell (verified owner) –
WST is my favorite powder for light 200gr SWC loads in 45 ACP. Accurate, relatively clean, and I like the recoil impulse. A little goes a long way so be careful not to double charge.
Elmira Strange (verified owner) –
My go to powder in 45 ACP easy to make major power factor loads. Burns clean with 200gr. or 230gr. bullets. Best metering powder I have ever used. I also use for 12 ga. trap loads 1oz and 1 1/8 oz This my be strange but I think it has better smell than any powder I use.
JASON KAUFMAN (verified owner) –
Excellent performance as of all Winchester products
Jennifer Hendricks (verified owner) –
I use WST in my 1911. Great consistency between shots. Glad to find it’s still available during the ammo shortage.
Mike Carrell (verified owner) –
Win. Super Target is the finest .45 powder I have ever used as to accuracy, ultra low recoil and no muzzle flash.
4.3 grains of WST under a 200 grain lead semi wadcutter is extremely accurate and ultra low recoil. The velocity
is about 740 f.p.s. . Using 5 grains (near max) generates about 945 f.p.s. and is very accurate and surprisingly very low recoil !
Alonso Flores (verified owner) –
Burn rate of the powders will effect felt recoil, the faster the burn rate the more snappy the shells get with larger loads.
The WST has been great to shoot so far and I second the statement on lower felt recoil.
1200fps in 1-1/8 Clays snaps a lot harder than same equivalent load in WSH and WST
Lance DeJohn (verified owner) –
It’s also great for 45 ACP bulls eye loads.
Ken Long (verified owner) –
My go to powder for 45 ACP reloads, Accurate, soft-shooting and easy metering. I use WST behind 200 gn semi-wadcutters. Recommend